Effective Date: June 1, 2020
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Windmill collects Personal Information, and we may collect other information, when you visit the Site. “Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you. We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us, and we collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site. The types of information collected depend on the purposes for collecting it, and may include:
Personal Contact Information that allows us to contact an individual directly, such as first and last name, email address, mailing and shipping address, and telephone number.
Content of Communications when you contact us or communicate with us.
Technical Information collected automatically when you use the Site, such as an IP address, device information, browser information, browsing history, and search history.
Interest and Demographic Information, such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences.
Inferences Drawn from Personal Information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitudes.
Information You Provide About Another Individual. For example, if you choose to use the refer friends feature as part of the Windmill Waitlist Program, we will collect your friend’s Personal Contact Information, such as name and email address, and if you purchase a product or service for or on behalf of another individual, we collect the recipient’s Personal Contact Information.
We collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us, including when you:
use the Site and features;
purchase or inquire about a product or service;
sign up to receive newsletters or other communications from us;
request to be added to a waitlist;
complete a survey;
contact us; or
communicate with us.
We and our analytics and advertising providers may also collect information, including Technical Information and Inferences Drawn from Personal Information, automatically by using cookies, pixels, server logs, or other similar technology as you use the Site. We may collect this information from time to time to facilitate site navigation, personalize your experience, perform analytics, serve you relevant ads, and remember your information when you use the Site
Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
A pixel is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Additional information on warnings and removal of warnings may be available through your browser’s support feature.
We may use Information collected from and about you to:
· Provide and improve the Site and our products and services;
· Fulfill orders;
· Respond to inquiries and requests;
· Send you or a third party you have identified marketing communications about our products or services or a third party’s products or services (provided, however, that we will not share any Personal Information with a third party to market such party’s own products or services without your consent);
· Send customer service and other informational communications;
· Provide system maintenance and security;
· Deliver targeted advertising to consumers;
· Analyze interactions with and performance of our Site to measure the effectiveness of advertising on behalf of our advertising partners, and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement;Administer surveys;
· Comply with laws and respond to legal requests; and
· Protect and defend our, yours, or others’ rights, safety, or property.
We may use anonymized or deidentified data and aggregated data collected through the Site for any lawful purpose. These uses may include but are not limited to analyzing interactions with and performance of the Site, enabling us to improve our Site, products, and services, and sharing such information with our business partners or other third parties. Similarly, we may enhance information collected via our Site with other information collected from our other sources, such as our business partners, offline records, or publicly available information.
We may share your Personal Information:
· with our service providers and third parties retained to assist us in providing the Site and our products and services, such as website development and hosting, payment processing, transmitting email and other communications, administration of a survey or promotion, system security, customer service, data analytics, and targeted advertising;
· to comply with legal obligations, law enforcement requests and legal process;
· to protect and defend our, yours, or others’ rights, safety, and property;
· if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider; and
· with your permission.
Additionally, we may share anonymized or deidentified and aggregated information with our business partners, or any other third party for marketing purposes. For example, we may share such information with certain partners regarding how often and in what ways people use the Site.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information we collect with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
The Site may contain links to other websites not owned by us and other websites now owned by us may reference or link to our Site. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website they interact with. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites that we do not own. Visiting these other websites is at your own risk.
The Site may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
We take reasonable steps to secure the information we collect from and about you. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
By using the Site, you will transfer data to the United States.
The Air Lab, Inc. d/b/a Windmill